E Series Gantry Cranes
Spanco E Series Gantry Cranes provide straightforward, durable, and reliable lifting solutions.
E Series stands for economical gantry cranes, but don’t be mistaken. These are heavy-duty, industrial-grade cranes designed for long service life.
- Robust: made from high-strength, square mechanical tubing.
- Stable: fully-braced uprights for solid I-beam positioning.
- Portable: equipped with swivel casters with durable, moldon polyurethane wheels for easy rolling and excellent floor protection.
Our E Series Gantry Cranes are available in two types:
Makes Capacities Height Under I-Beam Span Length Fixed Height Up to 5 tons 3 m 3.6 m Adjustable Height and Span Up to 3 tons Up to 4.3 m 3.5 m
*Longer custom spans are available.
Options for Spanco E Series Gantry Cranes
- Adjustable Height Cranes: adjusts I-beam height by 15 cm increments.
- Adjustable models have lifting capacities of up to 3 tons.
- Alternative caster styles and wheel brakes are available upon request.
- LSpanco Gantry Cranes are designed in accordance with the following standards set for crane manufacturers: CMAA, AWS, ANSI, and OSHA.
- Spanco E Series Gantry Cranes are not recommended for use with motor-driven hoist trolleys.
- Our E Series gantry cranes are manually propelled. For motorized gantry travel options, view our Spanco PF series.
Products covered under the 5-Year Warranty:
- All motorized products (bridge cranes and motorized work stations, jib and gantry cranes, adapted flag transmissions and deck and beam traction controls)
What the 5-Year Warranty covers:
- Defects in equipment material and workmanship
Spanco, Inc. (“Spanco”) warrants that the equipment to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a (5) year or 10,000 hour period (whichever occurs first), commencing on the date of shipment to the first retail (“purchaser”). This warranty does not cover defective equipment or system failure caused by misuse, negligence, improper installation or maintenance, or equipment that has been used in excess of its rated capacity or beyond its service factors as described by Spanco. It does not apply to any altered equipment without Spanco’s written authorization. Written notice of any claimed system defect must be given to Spanco within thirty (30) days of discovery. Spanco’s obligation under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of Spanco’s products at the factory or different location approved by Spanco. The purchaser is responsible for all freight and transportation costs relating to equipment repair or replacement. THE AFOREMENTIONED WARRANTY WILL NOT HONOR ANY OTHER WARRANTY WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. IN ADDITION, THE SELLER DOES NOT OFFER ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR EQUIPMENT USE AND DOES NOT OFFER ANY OTHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. Spanco is not liable—under any circumstances—for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages including, but not limited to lost profits, increased operating costs, or loss of production. This warranty does not extend to any component or accessory not manufactured by Spanco (such as casters). The purchaser’s remedy for such components and accessories will be determined by the terms and conditions of any the warranty provided by the manufacturer of such components and accessories.
NOTE: All motorized Spanco products include a 1- year warranty for the actuator components.
- Inspect the entire system on an annual basis or more frequently as defined by OSHA 1910.179 standards. The inspection must be performed by a qualified person. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death.
- This equipment, used as a crane, is not not designed in any way to carry, lift or transport individuals. Failure to adhere to the specific load limitations can cause serious injury or fatalities.
- Applications which involve the use of vacuum lifts, magnets, or other high-impact lifting systems are considered heavy-duty (constant service) and require special design considerations. Contact the manufacturer for pricing regarding special designs.
- To prevent the end truck / trolley from leaving the rail, do not operate the crane if the end stop bolts are not firmly held in place at each end of the bridge crane rail and at each end of every rail track.
- The end stops of the track must be aligned longitudinally so that the bridge hits the simultaneous end stops.
- Do not locate splice joints more than 122 cm from track support centers when aligning tracks with frames.
- Do not cantilever the ends of the track rails more than 122 cm beyond the track support centers (not including the festoon storage area).
- Do not hit the end limits at high speeds. Only hit the end stops with caution.
- Do not use the end stops for repetitive bridge impacts.
- Do not tilt the bridge on the tracks.
- Do not operate the hoist or crane if the cotter pins are not in place and properly bent on both sides of the hoist trolley. Check regularly that the cotter pins are in place by securing the hoist in its trolley.