Retrofit Jib Drives
The Spanco Retrofit Jib Drive converts your existing manual rotation jib crane to motorized rotation for a fraction of the cost of a new automatic crane. Our jib crane conversion kits are ideal for powering the rotation of heavier loads, or when your production situation makes manually rotating the jib unsafe, impractical, or somewhat unproductive.
Model Capacity Jib Span Speed, Nominal RDU-2 2 ton. 6 m 1/2 RPM RDU-3 3 ton. 6 m 1/2 RPM RDU-5 5 ton. 6 m 1/2 RPM
The Universal Retrofit Drive Fits any Freestanding Jib Crane With a Box Style Head
Spanco Retrofit Jib Drives feature a modular design that bolts onto the back of any box style head assembly. Our jib drive features a high-efficiency electric motor and ultra reliable worm gear reducer.
The worm gear drives a set of large steel rollers fitted with polyurethane treads for exceptional durability and traction on the crane’s mast. The rollers are constantly kept at the correct pressure against the mast via a spring-loaded tension adjustment mechanism, ensuring smooth operation.
Jib Drive Control Panel: Includes mainline contactor, reversing magnetic contactors, thermal overload, 110V fused control transformer, branch circuit fusing to crane motor, and solid state “soft start” control adjustable for time and torque — all in a NEMA 3R enclosure.
The Spanco Retrofit Jib Drive is recommended only for indoor operations.
- Air drives
- NEMA 12 and 4 control enclosures for (indoor use)
- Explosion proof enclosures and wiring
- Special protective coatings
Products covered under the 1-Year Warranty:
- All motorized products (Motorized Workstation Bridge Cranes, Jib Cranes, and Gantry Cranes, Retrofit Jib Drives, and Beam and Enclosed Track Tractor Drives)
What the 1-Year Warranty covers:
- Defects in equipment material and workmanship
Spanco, Inc. (Spanco) warrants motorized equipment to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year or 2,000 hours, commencing on the date of shipment to the first retail purchaser (Purchaser). This warranty does not cover defective equipment or system failure caused by misuse, negligence, improper installation or maintenance, or equipment that has been used in excess of its rated capacity or beyond its service factors. It does not apply to equipment that has been altered without Spanco’s written authorization. Written notice of any claimed system defect must be given to Spanco within thirty days (30 days) of discovery. Spanco’s obligation under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of Spanco’s products at the factory or separate location approved by Spanco. The purchaser is responsible for all freight and transportation costs relating to equipment repair or replacement. Other than the abovementioned warranty, Spanco will not honor any other warranties— THE AFOREMENTIONED WARRANTY WILL NOT HONOR ANY OTHER WARRANTY WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. IN ADDITION, THE SELLER DOES NOT OFFER ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR EQUIPMENT USE AND DOES NOT OFFER ANY OTHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. Spanco is not liable—under any circumstances—for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages including, but not limited to lost profits, increased operating costs, or loss of production. This warranty does not extend to any component or accessory not manufactured by Spanco (such as casters). The purchaser’s remedy for such components and accessories will be determined by the terms and conditions of any the warranty provided by the manufacturer of such components and accessories.
NOTE: All motorized Spanco products include a 1- year warranty for the actuator components.
- Inspect the entire system on an annual basis or more frequently as defined by OSHA 1910.179 standards. The inspection must be performed by a qualified person. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death.
- This equipment, used as a crane, is not not designed in any way to carry, lift or transport individuals. Failure to adhere to the specific load limitations can cause serious injury or fatalities.
- Applications which involve the use of vacuum lifts, magnets, or other high-impact lifting systems are considered heavy-duty (constant service) and require special design considerations. Contact the manufacturer for pricing regarding special designs.
- To prevent the end truck / trolley from leaving the rail, do not operate the crane if the end stop bolts are not firmly held in place at each end of the bridge crane rail and at each end of every rail track.
- The end stops of the track must be aligned longitudinally so that the bridge hits the simultaneous end stops.
- Do not locate splice joints more than 122 cm from track support centers when aligning tracks with frames.
- Do not cantilever the ends of the track rails more than 122 cm beyond the track support centers (not including the festoon storage area).
- Do not hit the end limits at high speeds. Only hit the end stops with caution.
- Do not use the end stops for repetitive bridge impacts.
- Do not tilt the bridge on the tracks.
- Do not operate the hoist or crane if the cotter pins are not in place and properly bent on both sides of the hoist trolley. Check regularly that the cotter pins are in place by securing the hoist in its trolley.