Wall-Traveling Jib Cranes
- Runway length: no limits
- Jib Boom Length: up to 12 meters, dependent upon the resistance of supporting column and jib length.
- Capacities: up to 10 tons, dependent upon on the resistance of its supporting structure and the boom length.
Spanco Wall-Traveling Jib Cranes provide long lateral transportation of materials without taking up floor space or interfering with large overhead cranes. Wall-traveling jib cranes increase overall plant productivity by quickly handling smaller lifts.
One can cover an entire series of workstations using one agile wall-traveling crane for (conceivably) the entire length of the building.
Spanco Wall-Traveling Jib Cranes are cost-effective, custom engineered solutions that are specifically designed to meet your production needs and building specifications:
Wall-Traveling Jib Crane Features
- Jib booms are fabricated from standard “S” beam with vertical angle truss to reduce deflection. The jib boom and truss bolt onto the back frame—In other words, no welding is needed.
- End trucks are constructed from channel beam frames and resist twisting. End trucks are jig-fixed for optimal fit and travel. End trolley are fixed with bolts in the rear frame of the jib crane.
- Top-running end trucks include double-flanged crane wheels made from forged steel for long service life.
- The crane drive has a squirrel cage motor with double-reduction spur gear reducer.
- Single-speed controls include mainline contactor, control transformer, inverter acceleration control, and fuses in NEMA 3R, 4, or 12 enclosures.
- Variable frequency drives (VFDs) for multi-speed operation.
Options for Spanco Wall-Traveling Jib Cranes
- A variety of voltage options; 208-3-60, 230-3-60, 460-3-60, 575-50.
Products covered under the 1-Year Warranty:
- All motorized products (Motorized Workstation Bridge Cranes, Jib Cranes, and Gantry Cranes, Retrofit Jib Drives, and Beam and Enclosed Track Tractor Drives).
What the 1-Year Warranty covers:
- Defects in equipment material and workmanship
Spanco, Inc. (Spanco) warrants motorized equipment to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year or 2,000 hours, commencing on the date of shipment to the first retail purchaser (Purchaser). This warranty does not cover defective equipment or system failure caused by misuse, negligence, improper installation or maintenance, or equipment that has been used in excess of its rated capacity or beyond its service factors. It does not apply to equipment that has been altered without Spanco’s written authorization. Written notice of any claimed system defect must be given to Spanco within thirty days (30 days) of discovery. Spanco’s obligation under this warranty is limited to the replacement or repair of Spanco’s products at the factory or separate location approved by Spanco. The purchaser is responsible for all freight and transportation costs relating to equipment repair or replacement. Other than the abovementioned warranty, Spanco will not honor any other warranties— THE AFOREMENTIONED WARRANTY WILL NOT HONOR ANY OTHER WARRANTY WHETHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. IN ADDITION, THE SELLER DOES NOT OFFER ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR EQUIPMENT USE AND DOES NOT OFFER ANY OTHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. Spanco is not liable—under any circumstances—for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages including, but not limited to lost profits, increased operating costs, or loss of production. This warranty does not extend to any component or accessory not manufactured by Spanco (such as casters). The purchaser’s remedy for such components and accessories will be determined by the terms and conditions of any the warranty provided by the manufacturer of such components and accessories.
NOTE: All motorized Spanco products include a 1- year warranty for the actuator components.
- Inspect the entire system on an annual basis or more frequently as defined by OSHA 1910.179 standards. The inspection must be performed by a qualified person. Failure to do so may cause serious injury or death.
- This equipment, used as a crane, is not not designed in any way to carry, lift or transport individuals. Failure to adhere to the specific load limitations can cause serious injury or fatalities.
- Applications which involve the use of vacuum lifts, magnets, or other high-impact lifting systems are considered heavy-duty (constant service) and require special design considerations. Contact the manufacturer for pricing regarding special designs.
- To prevent the end truck / trolley from leaving the rail, do not operate the crane if the end stop bolts are not firmly held in place at each end of the bridge crane rail and at each end of every rail track.
- The end stops of the track must be aligned longitudinally so that the bridge hits the simultaneous end stops.
- Do not locate splice joints more than 122 cm from track support centers when aligning tracks with frames.
- Do not cantilever the ends of the track rails more than 122 cm beyond the track support centers (not including the festoon storage area).
- No golpee los topes extremos a alta velocidad. Solo golpee los topes extremos con precaución.
- Do not hit the end limits at high speeds. Only hit the end stops with caution.
- Do not use the end stops for repetitive bridge impacts.
- Do not operate the hoist or crane if the cotter pins are not in place and properly bent on both sides of the hoist trolley. Check regularly that the cotter pins are in place by securing the hoist in its trolley.